Produced via a unique bonding process that attaches arginine, a naturally-derived amino acid, to the pure glycolic acid molecule, AHAminoPlex prolongs glycolic delivery into skin over a period of eight to sixteen minutes. This controlled delivery system avoids the severe spike of irritation that occurs within seconds of applying simple glycolic acid. Tests comparing the AHAminoPlex molecule to uncontrolled glycolic acid show both acids produce the same exfoliaton, cell turnover, hydration and other age-fighting benefits. But, only AHAminoPlex’s controlled delivery allows skin to tolerate the acid with little-to-no sensations of irritation – including stinging, burning and redness – even on the first use (some sensitive skin may experience passive discomfort during the first few applications).
The AHAminoPlex molecule is accompanied by lactic acid attached to a dedicated delivery vehicle.
Together, these ingredients achieve a 10% AHA level for safe and efficient AHA home care.
<!–To further minimize the risk of redness, tingling and stinging, ultra-soothing Lichochalcone from Chinese Licorice interrupts the biochemical cascade that leads to redness and other discomfort. This yellow molecule also decreases lipase, an anti-lipid enzyme produced by bacteria on skin’s surface and in pores.
Researchers have linked lipase to the heightened inflammation often seen in moderate and severe acne-prone skin.
Working with Lichochalcone is a compound from the fragrant wild flower, Meadowsweet (Spirea ulmaria).
Dermatologist-tested, this molecule has been found to strengthen an element of the skin’s natural defense system: cathelicidins. These natural antibiotics preserve skin’s ecosystem, helping to maintain the balance of healthy flora on skin’s surface and in pores. A reduction in oil production and other imperfections is also seen.
Targeting imperfections and pore imbalances is a patented, fast-acting, purifying blend of the most active fractions of New Zealand and Australian Tea Tree oils. Specifically developed to balance hostile flora deep within pores in just five minutes, this dermatologist-tested blend calms redness as it cools the skin. Unlike regular Tea Tree oil, this blend won’t oxidize or cause irritation and does not contain common allergens from the Tea Tree family.
Finally, support for skin’s repair processes comes from immune-enhancing 1,3 Beta Glucans, a highly purified molecule from Baker’s yeast.
In a four week consumer test, 4 out of 5 people who used this product reported clearing of imperfections, decreased redness, increased hydration and an improvement in skin clarity and tone within several days to two weeks.
- AHAminoPlexTM | glycolic/amino acid complex ensures maximum AHA delivery with minimum discomfort
- Lactic acid | lactic/amino acid acid complex ensures maximum AHA delivery with minimum discomfort
- Lichochalcone | powerful skin calming molecule from Chinese licorice. Targets the multiple causes of
imperfections to deliver fast-acting results
- Betaine salicylate | natural skin conditioner from sugar beets complexed with keratolytic BHA.
Provides time-released exfoliating action long after masque is removed
- Spirea ulmaria | dermatologist-tested extract of meadowsweet, an herb rich in skin calming and pore
purifying phenolic acid and a natural skin-defense booster
- Sodium hyaluronate | bioactive moisturizer. Binds up to 1000 times its weight in water to skin
- Zinc PCA | sebum-reducing zinc is combined with a hydrating delivery vehicle for maximum activity
- Allantoin | powerful soothing molecule originally derived from comfrey root
1,3 beta glucan | patented Biological Response Modifier (BRM) from Baker’s yeast; challenges skin to
- Panthenol (provitamin B5) | chirally-correct form of Panthenol, calms and encourages repair of skin’s
Delivers deep hydration